- Supervise site and facilities in terms of the required human resources, physical resources, safety requirements, consumables, documentation and measurement devices;
- Provide overall maintenance and compliance of the Company Quality Assurance Program for the site ensuring that all relevant documentation is kept current;
- Supervise data collection and recording so information is accurate to aid stock and inventory control
- Undertake specific tasks assigned by management to ensure that environmental, quality and safety goals are met;
- Implement preventable maintenance programs to reduce planned and unplanned down time;
- Supervise trial sheds, collect and record date in accordance with trial protocols;
- Selection of breeding stock and/or pigs for sale;
- Supervision and participation of daily inspection of livestock, such that the animals are appropriately fed, watered, environmental parameters are fulfilled.
- Supervision and participation of daily inspection of livestock, ensuring compromised animals are individually assessed, identified, treated and record in accordance with the Company Herd Health Plan and the industries Mode Code of Practice;
- Euthanise sick or injured stock in a humane manner and in accordance with the Model Code of Practice for Animal Welfare – Pigs 3rd edition;
- Conduct post-mortem examinations of deceased stock and report findings;
- May collect boar semen at an artificial insemination laboratory;
- Undertake processing duties within the artificial insemination laboratory
- Supervision and participation in the mating of animals via individually supervised mating or through Artificial Insemination;
- Supervision of the birthing process, including the ability to physically conduct unsupervised internal assessments of females during parturition to minimize this incidence of still births;
- Participate in company/ industry training sessions and workshops as required;
- Perform any other duty as required by the Unit Manager
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , any field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience as a Swine Technician/ Piggery Attendant/ Stockperson in a commercial piggery (minimum of 200 sow level – candidates with experience in backyard piggery will not be considered)
- Preferably a passer of IELTS with minimum score of 4.5 in all areas and OBS of 5.0
- Applicants must be willing to work in Queensland.
- 20 Full-Time position(s) available.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Years of Experience
Others, General Work
We (CAREERZONLINE) are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide, once you click on the Apply / job title / Send email to the provided email / will direct you to the career page of concerned job provider, so CAREERZONLINE is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.
For more job openings click the links below
POEA License No: POEA-039-LB-060210-R
Address: 4th Floor 2621 Eagle Singalong Manila